What Is An IP Rating On A Light Fitting
The first digit refers to the product’s ability to withstand solid objects (i.e. dust and insects) on a scale of 1-6 and the second digit refers to ability to withstand water on a scale of 1-8.
DC Ceiling Fans v AC Ceiling Fans
- In most cases, they use less energy – up to 70% less than a standard AC fan.
- They are generally extremely quiet.
- They will often have more speed options, the reverse function on the remote, and are generally faster to start, stop and change speed.
- The motor is generally more compact and lighter, which allows for a slimmer motor design.
AC Ceiling Fans v DC Ceiling Fans
- As DC technology is very new, there are many more options in AC available.
- DC, being a new technology, tends to be more expensive when compared to an equivalent AC model. Although you do use less electricity and therefore save money
- AC fans can be controlled from a wall control, pull cord or remote, while DC fans can generally only be controlled by remote. Remotes have a tendency to be lost, broken, need regular battery replacement. AC fans are still extremely energy efficient, a standard model will use no more than 100watts on high speed.
Constant Current LED Drivers vs. Constant Voltage LED Drivers
First, you must understand how each of these works. A constant current driver varies the voltage across the electronic circuit in order to keep and maintain a constant electrical current. This makes sure that no matter the change in voltage, the current driven to the LEDs will remain at a steady, desired level. On the other side, constant voltage drivers have a fixed voltage, as their name implies. Most constant voltage drivers will supply a fixed voltage at 12VDC or 24VDC.
What Are Lumens
Lumens (lm) are a measure of the visible light produced by a light source. The higher the lumen rating, the brighter it will be. Lumens are a good way to compare LED light output with other light sources.
Are LED Downlights Dimmable
What Does The Rating Mean On My LED Downlights
Most LED Downlights are classified with a CA, IC or IC-F rating. CA classifications allow insulation to side abutt the downlight and IC allows it to cover the downlight. Please refer to the manufacturers installation instructions to clarify the rating on your downlights
What Is CRI
Colour Rendering Index measures the ability of a light source to faithfully reproduce the colour of various objects. The closer it is to 100, the higher the quality of the light source.
Why Are LED Wattages Lower Than Normal halogen
LED lights operate by converting energy to light. Whereas traditional light sources convert energy to heat in order to produce light, making LED more efficient. It also means that LED’s are not as hot to touch as traditional Incandescent or Halogen types